Easy tips to manage Varicose Veins
Varicose veins affect approximately 23% of the world's population.
Varicose veins are swollen, dilated veins beneath the skin that are overfilled with stagnated blood. The valves within the vein do not function properly resulting in pooling of blood in the vein.
Our lifestyle is the major contributor to the rise in condition of varicose veins. Small changes in daily routine can help prevent or reduce the occurrence of varicose veins.
- Regular exercise improves blood circulation and promote the return of blood to the heart
- Maintaining optimum weight helps the legs stay healthy
- Avoid sitting crossed legged for long periods of time, as this can reduce blood flow to the legs
- Take frequent “walk breaks” to stimulate blood flow in the legs and throughout the body
- Wear support stockings, which provide mild pressure to compress the legs and encourage blood flow to return
- Avoid excessively tight clothes around the waist, groin, and upper legs, as this can restrict blood flowing back toward the heart
- Cut back on salt, as excessive sodium can lead to swelling
Another option to look at is the use of Essential Oils.
Pure Essential Oils are highly recommended as they are natural compounds that can help to relieve the pain and discomfort produced by this condition. They are well-known for their ability to cure and relieve muscle discomfort. Regular massage of Essential oils may help relieve the swelling caused by varicose veins and support the veins to revert to their natural function. Let’s look at some of the essential oils that help support healing of varicose veins.
Lavender Essential Oil has a calming scent and apparent ability to reduce pain. Lavender Essential oil may help relieve spider veins pain. When used in aromatherapy, Lavender essential oil can help mitigate pain and inflammation caused by the condition.
Helichrysum Essential Oil can be the best massage oil for varicose veins as it helps with circulation and reducing inflammation. The veins of your legs are under pressure for pumping blood circulation to your heart and because they fail to do so which leads to heaviness in the legs and pain that can be severe sometimes.
Tea Tree Essential Oil stimulates blood circulation and reduces inflammation. Tea Tree essentialoil is good for varicose veins as it helps to reduce the pain and relaxes spider veins.
Cypress Essential Oil is one of the best treatments of spider vein because of its composition. Massaging this oil will help you to get rid of stiffness and pain associated with muscle contraction.
Lemongrass Essential Oil has the anti-microbial and relaxing benefits that work best to soothe the pain of varicose veins. Varicose veins sometimes cause this sudden discomfort and pain in the veins become unbearable. Lemongrass essential oil helps relieve the spasms and pain.
Just a word of caution, essential oils are very potent chemicals compounds and must be diluted in a carrier oil before use and are not suitable for pregnant women.